Your child’s First Holy Communion is an important step in not just their life, but your family’s life, and indeed in the life of our parish community. There are several ways to support your child in this.
- Mass attendance – please make every effort to attend Sunday Mass with your child.
- Attend all possible sessions – there is much to cover in these sessions and it’s great to get off to a prompt start! We have found that the children do enjoy them. Each session builds up a clearer picture of the Eucharist and develops the community spirit.
- ‘I Belong’ – we will be working around this scheme this year. The Children’s Book and Parents’ Guide together cost £15. These can be purchased from the Piety Stall in the Foyer. Mgr Heskin will bless the books and the candidates who will be using them at the enrolment Mass on 9th Oct.
- Each session will start with a focus on one or more of the chapters from the book. Please complete the whole chapter with your child before the Saturday session with catechists and ensure that the children bring their books with them to each session.
- Each chapter includes a ‘Family Time’ section which includes a prayer to pray together. Try to create a sacred space at home, perhaps a cosy spot with the special prayer candle you will receive at the Enrolment Mass.
- Further opportunities to pray together can be found in the Wednesday Word (received through school or go to http://wednesdayword.org)
- If you would like to deepen your own understanding of the Eucharist, then feel free to attend some of the RCIA sessions. Please look out for further information in the parish bulletin.
- We like to display photographs of the children, separately from their names, in the church foyer. If you do not wish your child’s photograph to be used, please let one of the catechists know.
If you have any questions, queries or comments then please speak to any one of us.
Mgr Heskin – 607690 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Amanda Labbett – 602539/07551939516 – email@example.com
Jacqui Byrne – 07837958037